[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: lost password and sniffer

> I change the date of my digital unix and try to login root.  However
> it say the account is expired.  Then I boot it to single user mode
> and type passwd.  It prompt "the account is expired, please contact
> account administrator"  Is there any way I can restore the root
> password?

changing date is a little dangerous operation.
If other users are using the RCS and time dependent program,
they will be in a chaos.

If you are system administrator of your system, you will have to
careful in changing the date for some purposes.

--
Heeje Cho,
Data & Knowledge Engineering Laboratory,

E-Mail:	heeje@vision.postech.ac.kr
Room:   Engineering Bg. 5-303( 0562-279-2857 )
Pager:  012-460-9130